*********TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION, YOU MUST COMPLETE AN APPLICATION AT https://crosstimberschurch.org/jobs/ *******
JOB TITLE: CT Kids Connections Pastor
CLASSIFICATION: Full Time
MINISTRY: CT Kids
MANAGER: Kids Pastor
GENERAL WORK WEEK: Sunday – Thursday LOCATION: Argyle
JOB SUMMARY AND PURPOSE:
Kids Ministry happens through the efforts of many Serve Team (volunteers) using their gifts, passions, and skills to share the love of Jesus with children and their families. This position is responsible for connecting people to the CT Kids ministry through serving, spiritual growth, and leadership opportunities. The Kids Connections Pastor has the opportunity to pastor people; recruit, training, and manage volunteers as well as create an organized process by which to accomplish it all. Leadership and pastoring are key elements to this role partnered with strong organizational and administrative skills. The primary Serve Team focus for this role is the ST positions serving during worship services.
Culture is critical to the success of Cross Timbers and its employees. We define our culture in this way. “The environment we create by how we work and how we work with each other”. We continually strive for a high output, happy and healthy team; H3. We invest in our staff to develop their skills, so they thrive in their roles as well as focusing on helping them to develop spiritually.
As a condition of employment with Cross Timbers, it is essential (required) that employees and their families become active participants in the life and ministry of CT. This includes regular attendance to services and finding a way to volunteer with a ministry not in the scope of this job.
- Previous experience in a pastoral role demonstrating the ability to encourage and lead people
- Experience in all aspects of volunteer recruiting and management is preferred
- Highly organized, administrative, and dependable
- Desire to care for others utilizing discernment, wisdom & confidentiality as a pastor
- Experience in ministry is preferred
- Experience in Planning Center or similar planning software is a plus
- Have experience working in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Willing and open to change, be flexible in a variety of situations
- A team player giving and receiving input, willing to compromise & cooperate
- Exhibit clear and effective verbal and non-verbal communications skills
- Able to develop people and systems to optimize growth and effectiveness
- Forward thinker who assumes responsibility and takes initiative
- Must possess a genuine humility and work well in the context of a team
- Clearance of a criminal background check
A Cross Timbers Church pastor exhibits the heart to pray for, provide spiritual guidance, encourage, and lead people to Christ. The church qualifies and commissions a pastor as an individual who has been given the responsibility and or authority to administer in full or in part the following:
- Biblical Teaching to the congregation or sub-part of the congregation (i.e., kids; students; college, financial freedom)
- Lead or have oversight of a church ministry, program, or department
- Perform religious/spiritual functions of the church
- Funerals/memorial services
- Pastoral (not licensed) counsel
A Cross Timbers Church pastor will become a part of the Pastor On-Call rotation cycle which helps the organization accomplish and meet the needs of various pastoral aspects in the life and ministry of the church.
- Assist others in discovering their gifts, passions, skills, interests, and help connect them to serving opportunities that allow them to use all of these things
- Provide connection opportunities for individuals interested in being a part of the Serve Team for CT Kids primarily focused on those ST roles in rooms during services
- Oversight and leadership of the Serve Team (volunteers) process for CT Kids ministry. This includes but is not limited to responding to potential inquiries to serve, recruiting, training, scheduling, and pastoring CT Kids Serve Team members
- Oversight and leadership for Serve Team members serving during services in one of the CT Kids room
- Coordinate and schedule any Serve Team gatherings, trainings, appreciation events for the team managed by this role
- Establish, oversee, and develop CT Kids ministry Team Leads for services
- Celebrate Kids Serve Team members’ birthdays, graduations, and other significant life events
- Create a welcoming environment in the Kids Serve Team breakroom to further promote connection and community with volunteer leaders.
- Manage and utilize Planning Center for communication and connection scheduling the Kids Serve Team serving during services
- Develop and maintain a strong working knowledge of Ministry Platform becoming a Super User for all aspects related to Serve Team working in conjunction with the CT Kids Administrative Coordinator
- Support the CT Kids team as needed and requested by the Kids Pastor
- Execute all administrative and organizational tasks related to primary responsibilities for this role
- The statements contained in the document are intended to describe the general nature of this role and level of work performed by employees in this role. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this role. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties required by their Manager.
- The hours of work may vary within the 7:00 am – 7:00 pm work-window on a general basis. The established work week is Sunday through Saturday for payroll purposes and is based upon a 40-hour work week. Full-time staff work weeks are categorized by position as Monday – Friday or Sunday–Thursday. This role may be approved for a flex schedule which include the potential for 1-2 days remote working with the remainder of the workdays in-office. A finalized schedule will be established with the Manager but typically falls within the general hours noted below.
- A 1-hour lunch break is provided and required to be taken by an employee. The actual time of the lunch break is determined with the manager.
- The hours listed below are generalized work hours and may or may not be done in the office depending on the needs of the position and approval of the manager on any given day. Employees must understand that ministry does not always fall within a normal schedule and working outside of that schedule can periodically including weekends, evenings and holidays for CT sponsored events that are essential (required). Additional hours outside the normal scope of the role such as these will be coordinated with the manager and may be accommodated with comp time and/or a temporary adjustment to the normal schedule.
- General Hours - This generalized schedule allows for the flexibility needed to fulfill a 40-hour work week in a ministry environment. The expectation of a full-time employee is always 40 hours of work.
- Monday - Thursday, 9:00 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Friday 9:00 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Sunday 7 a.m. - 1 p.m. (hours will vary by need for Argyle Campus)
- Sunday 1 p.m. - 9 p.m. (hours will vary by need for the Hope Center)
- All full-time employees are required to attend essential staff meetings/functions. All employees will have various essential (required) workdays such as Christmas and Easter services and possibly the week leading up to each holiday or surrounding other essential functions/events. The essential dates may vary for each ministry area. The schedule for these services or other special events (in-person or digital) can vary according to the needs and the yearly calendar as determined by Leadership. Vacation and personal time should not be scheduled during those times. Any exceptions or requests to be absent other than illness must be approved by the manager and/or Human Resources.
WORK ENVIRONMENT – PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Position requires bending, stooping, and stretching to file, and occasional lifting of boxes weighing up to 25 pounds. Work is generally performed indoors but may involve limited exposure to outdoor weather conditions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of this job and the level of work performed by employees in this position. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties required by their manager.
The employment relationship remains subject to the employment at will doctrine in the State of Texas, meaning either the employee or the employer may terminate the employment relationship at any time with or without cause and with or without notice If you are in agreement with the above, please sign and return this document to Human Resources.
*********TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION, YOU MUST COMPLETE AN APPLICATION AT https://crosstimberschurch.org/jobs/ *********