First Congregational Church is a non-denominational Church located in the friendly rural town of Parkersburg, Iowa. We are currently looking for a Student/Worship Pastor to assist our Senior Pastor in serving our Church body.
The Student and Worship Pastor must be a believer in Jesus Christ. He must be called by God into ministry, have a servant’s heart and a desire to live for God’s glory. His life should model the Christian characteristics of an elder as described in 1 Timothy 3:1-13, Titus 1:5-9, and 1 Peter 5:1-4. He must have a clear calling to student ministries and a proven ability to successfully minister to both students and their parents. He must have a shepherd’s heart and a love for people. He must have the ability to clearly share the Gospel, teach the Word of God, and offer life-application.
He must be a self-starter, able to coordinate schedules and share the vision of the church along with those on the leadership team. He should be gifted in leadership and administration and be a team player. He should be organized, able to clearly communicate, and able to delegate. He must have at least an associate ministry degree as well as previous ministry experience. This man must be in agreement with First Congregational Church’s Mission and Statement of Faith.
The Student and Worship Pastor will be responsible to provide leadership and oversight to the children and youth ministries of the church. He will be expected to build relationships with students and parents and be visible in the community to help promote the outreach ministry of the church. He will be expected to offer leadership and support to leaders in the children and youth ministries by providing teaching material, helping to recruit and train volunteers, and be present to assist in each of the student ministries. He will be expected to offer initial counseling and support to students and their parents and connect with parents on a regular basis. He will be expected to help plan, promote, and execute summer mission opportunities as well as opportunities for students and leaders to grow.
The Student and Worship Pastor will be a member of the worship committee and will be responsible for communicating with the Worship committee and Senior Pastor to help create services that are well ordered and done at a high level of excellence. The Senior Pastor has the final approval for all worship services. He will work to build relationships among the church family and community.
The Student and Worship Pastor will oversee the operation of the sound board and live streaming equipment during both services. He will provide sound equipment training for the volunteers. He will oversee the music ministry of the Church by working with the music committee to schedule volunteer music teams and lead worship as often as is needed.
The Student and Worship Pastor will be expected to be proficient in social media communication and digital technologies.
The Student and Worship Pastor will be a member of the Elder board.
The Student and Worship Pastor will be accountable to the Senior Pastor and the Elder Board.
- Lead music during worship services with and without volunteer musicians as needed.
- Oversee the operation of the sound and live streaming equipment on Sunday mornings.
- Provide needed training for sound equipment volunteers and musicians
- Run sound equipment for funerals and weddings as needed.
- Oversee the Pre-K- through 12th grade Sunday school ministry of the church and help recruit teachers and provide support in choosing teaching material.
- Build relationships with students and parents by attending school functions and community events. Help to create a healthy environment for students where each can be challenged to follow Jesus Christ and grow in their relationship with Him. Challenge students to be invitational.
- Provide teaching resources and support for the leaders of the children ministries, youth groups, and Sunday school classes. Help plan an annual programming calendar of lesson topics, special speakers, serving opportunities, and fun events.
- Recruit and train leaders for all student ministries. Provide outside opportunities such as conferences and rallies to help grow leaders of these ministries.
- Be in the teaching rotation of all Student Ministries.
- Facilitate regular planning and training meetings for all volunteers.
- Promote all student ministries. Communicate all calendar items with staff and Administrative Assistant.
- Plan, promote, and help carry out summer mission and discipleship opportunities for students. Provide support for Camp Koinonia.
- Help train and equip parents to bring up their children in the instruction and discipline of the Lord.
- Provide initial counseling to students and parents.
- Preach occasionally as needed.
- Perform weddings and funerals occasionally as needed.
More information about FCC can be found at fccpburg.com. This position will start out at $55,000-$60,000 Annual compensation. If you are interested, please email your resume with at least three ministry references, and a personal doctrinal statement to firstname.lastname@example.org. The doctrinal statement can be any statement that describes your theological positions.