LoveBristol is a church and charity working mainly in Stokes Croft, running a variety of social development enterprises, inspired by the love of Jesus.
Since March, we have been working in Poland with Ukrainian refugees - helping to find them a UK sponsor, processing their visa application and organising their transport to the UK, as well as taking care for them in our temporary accommodation whilst they wait for their visa letter to be issued.
We need a dynamic and committed Visa, Hospitality and Travel Coordinator to lead our branch in Warsaw, living in hostel accommodation in Warsaw with team members and refugees in our care. These can be long working days - often from 9am until 9pm or longer. Accommodation and food will be free and you will be working as part of an amazing team - coming together to serve the people in your care.
This will be a 3 month role (with the possibility of extension depending on the situation in Ukraine). We would like for someone to start as soon as possible as the need is very great at the minute.
- Training in Visa applications for Ukrainian refugees to the UK
- Meticulous attention to detail in maintaining our database and updating it with accurate information
- Involvement in the matching process - finding UK sponsors for Ukrainian refugees, largely through multiple phone calls to sponsors on our database
- Leadership and Management - maintaining team spirit, assigning team roles, dealing with any pastoral issues and overseeing the work of the team
- Involvement in hospitality coordination - organising drivers, sorting out bed numbers and accommodation availability and overseeing the work of the hospitality team
- Regularly liaising with the team in Przemysl and the admin team in the UK about plans for travel arrangements, etc.
Who We Are Looking For...
- A passionate and caring individual who will work to the best of their ability at all times to support the Ukrainian refugees in their care
- Someone with an aligned vision with LoveBristol Church and Charity - happy to work with individuals from all different backgrounds, lead morning prayer meetings and wholeheartedly serve those in need
- A highly organised and detail-oriented individual who can work well under pressure
- Someone with excellent leadership skills - able to deal with pastoral issues, effectively assign roles, oversee work of team members and coordinate with the UK admin and travel team
- Language skills in Ukrainian, Russian or Polish would be highly beneficial but most of our current team speak none or very little of these languages so it is not essential
If you are interested in this role, please do get in touch. We would love to chat with you more about the role and maybe even organise a trip out for you to see around the Warsaw branch.
The LoveBristol Team
Job Type: Temporary
Salary: £500.00 per week