Journey Ministries is a coffeehouse church looking for a Christ-centered and mission-driven pastor to join and lead our team. This person will lead and develop Journey - staff, volunteers, and attenders. This person will lead and inspire the Journey community to engage and grow in biblical values. To thrive in this role, one must be skilled at spiritual and organizational leadership, interpersonal and public communication, and have a unique ability to connect with people. A person who excels in pastoral leadership and is passionate about reaching people for Christ will thrive in this role.
OBJECTIVE: Casts vision for and maintains Journey’s Vision Culture as they lead the church. Supervises and empowers staff and volunteers to lead others to accomplish ministry goals and strategies. Builds an invitational and welcoming culture focused on reaching people for Christ. Ensures that staff, volunteers, and attenders feel known, cared for, developed, and empowered.
- Has a passion for the lost, and for the growth of the local church body (Matt 28:19-20)
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in ministry-related field preferred
- Follower of Jesus and aligns with Journey's nine core beliefs
- Leadership role experience in either a church or corporate environment
- Strong evidence of a Christ-centered life
- Spiritual authority and strong biblical knowledge
- Strong people skills and the ability to lead with energy and excitement
- Relational wisdom and strong self-awareness
- Ability to self-start, work hard, always learn, and have fun at the same time
- Confident and humble approach to leadership, and ability to follow well
- Dynamic and motivating communicator and collaborative team leader
- Effective in problem solving and conflict resolution
- Must meet Biblical qualifications for pastoral leadership
HOURS: 25 hours/week, could grow to full-time position
SALARY: Negotiable, based on experience
* Uses pastoral care and shepherding skills to build and disciple the Journey family
* Leads, develops and supervises the church ministry and staff/volunteer team
* Encourages all staff, volunteers and attenders to take the next step in their faith journey
* Owns, models and lives out the values of Journey
* Conducts and oversees the flow and content of Journey events
* Serves as direct leader of ministries when there are staff openings, includes: Kids' Ministries, Student Ministries, Guest Services, Groups and Operations
* Develops a vibrant public connection in the community
* Serves as the primary face of the church for services and events
* Leads and actively participates in church events including communion, baptisms, child dedications, weddings, funerals
* Other duties as appropriate
- Generally, Sunday through Thursday. This includes weekend services plus some evenings for meetings. Needs to be able to meet when volunteers are available or when care is needed.
- A physical presence at Journey is essential.