Topinabee Community Church is seeking a part-time Pastor, with the opportunity to transition into a full-time position.
CHURCH MISSION STATEMENT
We are called to bring people into a personal relationship with God through his son, Jesus Christ. We accomplish this by bringing others into the community of the church through genuine friendship and fellowship. In this loving fellowship we grow in faith through the Word, community, prayer and worship.
The Topinabee Community Church is an inter-denominational church that has served the Topinabee area in Northern Michigan for over 100 years. We are open to all who wish to participate in a Christian experience. The Church is active in the community with the aim of serving others.
Pure Michigan describes Topinabee as "The Jewell of the North" located on beautiful Mullett Lake, one of the largest inland lakes in Michigan and part of the inland waterway connecting to Lake Huron. This historic town also includes the North Central trail that runs from Gaylord to Mackinaw City, available for hiking, biking and snowmobiling. It’s a nature lover’s perfect escape and truly God’s country.
Full Job Description
Topinabee Community Church is seeking a part-time Pastor, with the opportunity to transition into a full-time position. We are open to a bi-vocational pastor and/or one who is early in their pastoral career, with a passion and commitment to Jesus Christ and led by the Holy Spirit. This person will be the primary leader, teacher, and visionary, with a broad responsibility for the spiritual welfare, growth, and life of the Church in all areas, including discipleship and evangelism. The Pastor is to embody the essence of a shepherd and servant leader.
Specific duties include preparing and preaching Bible-based sermons with practical teaching to the congregation, community outreach for church growth, support of local missions and congregational care needs. The new Pastor will be assisted by a group of strong, dedicated Deacons, willing to share in many duties and responsibilities. Our small congregation is active, excited for the future of the Church and ready to serve and volunteer.
Qualified candidates should have the following:
- A degree in Divinity or Religious Studies (preferred), or equivalent experience in church leadership and pastoral duties
- Passion for church growth and community outreach
- Willingness to visit congregants in their homes and hospitals
- Ability to set a vision and lead the church in God’s spiritual journey
- Excellent interpersonal relationship building and communication skills, and a positive outlook
- Ability to lead children, youth or family-based ministries
- A desire for pastoral care
- Ability to give testimony to his or her love for the Lord and His call to pastoral ministry
- A deep passion to understand and teach the truths of God’s Word
- Love others and create and sustain positive relationships with them
- Possess emotion health, characterized by a deep and active spiritual life
- Be an active public presence, having the privilege of representing Topinabee Community Church in the community
- An articulate communicator, able to craft and deliver biblical and relevant sermons that effectively speak to both new and maturing Christians
- An organizational leader with experience developing strategic initiatives and managing change, while guiding a Council and congregation into a new season of ministry
- A strong liturgist who enjoys planning and participating in corporate worship services
- A gifted pastor whose care for the spiritual well-being of the congregation is characterized by love and humility, while being strengthened by discernment and prayer
- The Pastor reports to and is accountable to Council
- The Pastor works closely with paid staff, in conjunction with the Personnel Chairperson
You may also email your resume or any questions to: