The Worship Pastor is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the music & worship programs within the church. This is accomplished through the areas of Corporate Worship, Recruiting & Developing, Leading Ministry Teams and Pastoral Care.
- The Worship Pastor must meet the qualifications of 1Timothy 3:1-7 & Titus 1:6-9.
- The Worship Pastor must demonstrate a clear call to vocational ministry.
- The Worship Pastor must have earned a master’s degree or higher in Biblical Studies or ministry related field. Candidates near completion will be considered.
- The Worship Pastor must have sufficient ministry experience.
- The Worship Pastor must be in full agreement with our statement of faith (The Baptist Faith and Message 2000).
Oversee & plan God-honoring, Christ exalting worship services that are consistent with the values & mission of the church.
- Responsible for planning & leading church-wide worship services.
- Lead the congregation, choir, and worship team to use their voices & instruments to worship God consistently and effectively.
- Continually seek out Biblically-based songs for use in congregational singing and within all areas of music ministry. Explore new ideas for corporate worship and be open to change in the shifting of responsibilities as growth and ministry develop.
- Ensure sound doctrine is maintained in all music used within the church.
- Oversee & approve planning of service music when not available or scheduled to lead.
- Ensure that all musical & technical aspects of the services are well-planned & rehearsed in order to maintain a distraction-free worship environment.
Recruit & Train
Recruit, train and organize all instrumental, vocal and technical worship team members.
- Recruit & select worship band and choir volunteers. Oversee & coordinate the volunteer schedule on a weekly basis.
- Lead & develop the worship choir and worship band during weekly practices to prepare for choir specials, special events & congregational music.
- Research & introduce worship band and choirs to worship training provided by conferences, books, or other ministries.
- Oversee training of Media Ministry volunteers.
- Direct all weekly activities & rehearsals as necessary to facilitate excellent worship experiences in all services.
Leading Ministry Teams
Oversee all areas of the music & worship ministry, including the music ministries for children, students and adults.
- Assist ministry team leaders in assessing music needs and goals.
- Provide ministry team leaders with resources needed to fulfill ministry goals.
- Work with the Media Coordinator to create and/or oversee the creation and quality of all media programs. Oversee growth of media ministry to assist in fulfilling the mission of the church.
- Regularly assess the current needs of these ministry teams & provide appropriate training.
- Supervise and lead the Music Intern.
General Pastoral Duties
This position is first & foremost a pastoral position. Therefore, there are several pastoral duties that must be performed. These include the following.
- Disciple, shepherd and counsel members of the church body as necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Lead Pastor.
To apply send resumes to email@example.com