Audio / Video Ministry Production Engineer
Covenant Community Church (CCC) in Vacaville, CA is seeking an individual who is passionate about leading audio and video production as part of a creative and dynamic worship ministry. The Production Lead collaborates with CCC staff and volunteers to lead members and visitors to join in CCC's mission to Celebrate God, Connect with Others, and Change the World.
The Production Lead (PL) is a part-time position that will be responsible for coordinating and leading the technical team in the production of all aspects of media and technical support in the Worship ministry including all in-person and media-streamed worship services and special events. The incumbent shall serve as the church’s primary audio/video engineer.
The PL will oversee the production team and volunteers. He/She will report to the Director of Worship Ministry. The PL will collaborate with the Worship ministry team and other staff members in the planning, preparation, and implementation of all audio/video aspects of worship services. The Production Lead will be required to attend and lead the technical team in weekly services, participate in staff meetings, and attend weekly rehearsals. The position will work up to 20 hours per week and salary will be dependent upon experience.
The Production Lead should have:
- a heart for worship and ministry
- passion and vision for church services and events
- grace and compassion for all members of the congregation in creating an inclusive worship experience
- strong audio, visual, and media production skills and experience
- ability to troubleshoot, identify, and resolve production problems in mid-service
- ability to remain calm under pressure
- the ability to communicate and work well with others
- strong organizational skills
- the ability to carry out responsibilities and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- the ability to recruit, train, schedule, and lead others and
- proficiency and knowledge of all aspects of modern worship live production and related software, hardware, equipment and technology.
Key duties of the PL include, but are not limited to, the following:
Administration of worship ministries
- oversight and instruction in use of all audio/visual equipment and media and technological systems
- collaborates technical services and details with staff and volunteers
- Lead and coordinate Technical Arts Ministry (Including sound, video, and lighting) for all services
- Lead and/or implement all phases of post-production
- Create, maintain, and update ProPresenter presentations
- Assist Director of Worship Ministries in all repair, maintenance, and installation of equipment (Audio, Video, Lighting)
Connecting with Others
- With Director of Worship Ministries, create and implement dynamic and holistic worship culture
- Support spiritual growth of worship volunteers
Changing the World
- Recruit, train, and lead volunteers in all facets of technical arts ministry
- Pursue professional and spiritual development, as appropriate
- Maintain website content and social media for worship ministry
The position qualifications are equivalent to the following:
Knowledge of: modern live production practices and procedures; audio, visual, lighting equipment and applications; media and streaming applications including ProPresenter, OBS, Facebook and Youtube.
Skills and abilities: ability to quickly learn and master new equipment and software; ability to quickly troubleshoot, identify, and resolve problems; ability to communicate feedback and recommendations to worship team.
Education: High school diploma or GED; college/technical education in audio/visual design, engineering, production, or related field is highly desired.
Experience: 1 year or more of paid or volunteer experience participating and/or leading the technical production of a church worship service; experience in recruiting, training, scheduling and leading volunteers is highly desired.
Must pass all phases of the selection process including a reference and background check.