About Heritage Baptist Church:
Heritage Baptist Church began in 1987 with 64 charter members. Today, Heritage is a welcoming independent Baptist church with weekly attendance of approximately 275. Heritage has a strong emphasis on missions, a thriving youth ministry, passionate staff dedicated to long-term ministry, and is involved with various other ministries in the community.
Heritage is located in the vibrant community of Prattville, Alabama, located on the outskirts of the state capitol Montgomery, which is also the home of Maxwell Air Force Base and its Air University. Due to its proximity to Maxwell, the church has always maintained a strong military outreach.
For more information on Heritage, please visit the church’s website at http://hbcprattville.org/.
About the Senior Pastor:
Heritage Baptist Church has been blessed by having the same godly pastor since its founding 35 years ago. Due to his retirement, Heritage is prayerfully seeking a dedicated man with a long-term vision to serve full-time as Senior Pastor who meets the Scriptural qualifications listed in I Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:5-9, and II Timothy 2:1-5, 15, 24. Heritage is looking for a man to invest his life and ministry here and not be satisfied with only a two or three year term of service. He must be in agreement with and be willing to sign Heritage’s Statement of Faith.
The Senior Pastor will have general oversight, coordination, administration, and operation of all programs and personnel of the church. He will be the primary preacher / teacher and spokesperson of the policies, goals, direction, vision, and ministry for the church to the members as well as to the broader community at large.
The Senior Pastor is responsible to the church and the Board of Deacons. The Chairman of the Deacons and one other Deacon evaluate and review the Senior Pastor’s responsibilities and performance annually.
The Senior Pastor’s Responsibilities:
- Provides insightful, creative, and relevant Biblical instruction to the church congregation through teaching and preaching that creates a passion for God’s word and enables practical application to their daily lives.
- Oversees the spiritual ministry of the church, including the administration of the church ordinances of baptism and communion, and the direction of worship services.
- Officiates at funerals, weddings, ordinations, and the commissioning and dedication of services.
- Acts as chief executive officer and administrative officer of the church, working with church leaders including the staff, deacons, and ministry leaders.
- Manages and supervises the pastoral and administrative staff.
- Serves on various church committees.
- Meets regularly with the Deacon board to conduct church business.
- Oversees the planning of the church calendar including special services, conferences, and scheduling guest ministers.
- Provides guidance to the volunteer ministry leadership in the church.
- Provides biblical counseling including family, marriage, pre-marriage, conflict resolution, and spiritual.
- Oversees, develops, and participates in church outreach, inreach, and visitation.
- Maintains a ministry of prayer for the congregation and the various ministry activities and leaders of the church.
- Develops and oversees the vision and mission development for the church.
- Provides community leadership and presence serving as a liaison to the local community, supporting public prayer meetings, leading on moral issues, and supporting community ministries such as the Gideons, benevolence ministries, crisis pregnancy center, and other Christian organizations. Develops relationships with local public officials where possible.
Preferred Minimum Qualifications:
- Five years of pastoral experience.
- Degree from a seminary or Bible college.
How to Apply: