NEW LIFE PETALUMA NEXTGEN PASTOR
Petaluma is an hour outside of San Francisco, nestled next to serene farmlands and the rugged coast. We are a combination of “hometown USA” and “sophisticated wine country”. The idyllic climate makes Sonoma County a recreational paradise to explore year round. If you think our area sounds amazing, just wait until you meet the people. We might be a bit biased but we believe we have the best community ever! We are looking for someone who loves the culture of Sonoma county & can embrace the people who live here.
We are a non-denominational, Jesus centered church, committed to helping people find and follow God. We hold God’s Word in the highest regard and believe truth is relevant, living out love is essential and grace ultimately wins. We trust God to help us make a huge impact in our community and believe He has bigger and greater plans for us just around the corner.
We love to have fun and celebrate the wins together. We are committed to open and sometimes, awkwardly-honest conversations, having each other’s backs, and tackling the messiness of life together. We strive to be strong leaders who empower others, embrace change, and can handle the unexpected with grace. We are all works in progress and when things get tough, we choose to collaborate instead of panic. We are constantly looking for ways that our mistakes and misfortunes can all point towards Jesus.
We believe church is where authentic relationships can point people to Jesus and in that connection with Him, life altering transformation takes place. New Life is committed to partnering with parents and engaging kids to create a unified voice of spiritual exploration. We believe parents are the strongest influence in a child's life and we want to help equip parents to make the most out of every amazing phase. Our mission is to come alongside parents and support them by offering age appropriate curriculum, dynamic environments, and relational events that inspire children and youth to know and love Jesus.Take a look at our purpose, our values and our core beliefs.
Our Next Hire:
The ideal candidate is an organized, relational leader, who is an influential communicator, can think on their feet, problem solve, demonstrate good judgement & takes initiative. Collaboration with our staff and volunteer teams is paramount in growing the NextGen programs that support our kids, youth and families. Ongoing success in this full-time position involves creative flexibility, a high level of self-motivation and the ability to lead and develop multiple teams. Other essential skills include recruiting, equipping and training leaders to implement created strategies throughout our programs and special events. Sense of humor and the ability to hold things lightly are a must.
The NextGen Pastor is supported by and reports to the Lead Pastor and works closely with the Executive Pastoral Team and NextGen Executive Volunteer Team.
- Possesses a vibrant & growing faith in Jesus demonstrated in daily life
- A dreaming visionary- a leader who loves out-of-the-box idea & plays with possibility
- Proven experience in leading departments in a larger church context that empower & develop volunteers and cultivate leadership skills in a wide variety of age ranges & personalities
- A deep believer in the power of fun:to unite, inspire, build bridges & cause teachable moments
- Skilled project manager who is able to develop teams that track details to bring big visions into reality
- Champion a vibrant and creative NextGen program that fosters the spiritual curiosity of kids
- Recruit, manage & develop volunteers who are passionate about drawing people towards Jesus
- Continually developing an engaging & vibrant Sunday morning experience
- Produce a growing set of effective methods to partner with & support parents
- Liaise with Young Life & WyldLife to connect our jr. & sr. high students to their programs
- Work with and develop our youth events team to plan and execute events while strengthening our parent of teen partnership
- Serve on New Life’s Executive Pastoral Team and participate in other staff ministry areas as needed
- Work with our NextGen Executive Volunteers to fan the flames of Orange’s “Six Things Over Time” values & launch Orange’s six “Milestones” in our context
- Minimum of 2 years overseeing large ministry models and programs, managing and mobilizing volunteers, recruiting and developing leaders.
- Bachelor's degree, Bible school/seminary, or other related education is preferred but not required
- Huge plus if you have experience infusing the Orange philosophy into NextGen ministry models
- and are passionate about implementing their strategically fun-loving methods.
Salary and Benefits Package
- We are committed to paying a living wage for the area in which we live. Compensation package is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Stipend for Health Plan
- Moving expenses may be available in some circumstances
Please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected]
We look forward to chatting with you soon about this amazing ministry opportunity!