Full time paid staff position at an awesome church! You're going to want to check this out
IS CHILDREN’S MINISTRY A BIG DEAL TO YOU? WE HOPE SO! IT'S A BIG DEAL TO US @ REAL LIFE CHUCH.
There have been numerous studies done over the years about when people come to faith in Jesus. They all reveal similar findings that the overwhelming majority of adults who declare that they are born again believers can point back to a time in their early childhood. In fact, the majority say that it was at or before the age of 13. On this basis alone, having a dedicated ministry to reaching kids for Christ is warranted. But long before any polls or surveys were the words of Jesus. And Jesus clearly emphasized the importance of children coming to know Him. In fact, he held children up as the standard when it came to the kind of faith that is required to enter the Kingdom of God. (Matthew 19:13-15) For these reasons and so many more, this ministry is vitally important to our church now and for generations to come.
A BRIEF HISTORY OF RLC:
Real Life Church is an independent non-denominational church. We stem from the restoration church movement. Our lead pastor, Thad DeBuhr, came from the original Real Life Ministries church plant in Post Falls Idaho. That original RL church started with 4 praying couples and planted some 22 years ago has since grown to over 7,000 per weekend, launched multiple campuses in their county and planted 7 churches primarily in the Inland Northwest. Those 7 churches have gone on to launch campuses, plant churches and make disciples. There are now 13 independent “Real Life” churches throughout Idaho, Eastern Washington, Montana and Texas. Real Life Church Pullman is a plant of a plant from the original Post Falls church. If you’re interested in more about Real Life and the culture and “dna” associated with our church I would highly recommend that you read or listen to the book, “Church is a Team Sport” by Jim Putman.
RLC has been a full time, full-service church in Pullman for over 10 years. Throughout that time, we have had permanent offices in Pullman and held church services in rented facilities. By God’s grace this past year we have been able to purchase a commercial building in an ideal location in Pullman and have started the process to remodel and build it out to become the new home for RLC Pullman. We anticipate moving in later this summer and kicking off an exciting new ministry year this fall.
In addition to the Pullman location, we have a campus in the nearby community of Colfax, Washington. We offer the same services there and are excited to continue to build out a full offering of kids, youth, and other ministries for our Colfax campus. Beyond the Colfax campus we are dedicated to continue to reach out, launch other campuses and plant churches in and around our region.
Prior to Covid we were running 450-500 in weekly in person attendance in 2018-2019 with 800 for Easter 2019. We are currently back to 200 in person and had over 400 in person for Easter this year.
WHY ARE WE LOOKING FOR A FULL TIME CHILDREN'S MINISTRY LEADER?
Over the years we have had part time staff and then as the church grew, full time Lifer Kids leaders. Our kid’s ministry has ranged from 50-75 kids and up to 100 as we were growing in 2019 prior to Covid. This was before we launched the Colfax campus. However, this past year through the Covid complications our children’s ministry suffered greatly. Our current Lifer Kids leader was about to complete his master’s in clinical counseling, and we wanted to help support his transition to a counseling role in our church. So, with the children's ministry greatly scaled back we adjusted roles, managed a much smaller kids ministry with volunteers and did our best to navigate 2020.
We’re excited to see our schools opening back up and slowly but surely moving kids back to the classroom. That combined with the increased vaccinations have started to change the mood in our community about kids being back in church spaces and activities.
In addition to this we are anticipating a big increase in growth and opportunities to reach and serve new kids and families this fall as we move into our new facility.
FINDING OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE:
We are excited to be on the hunt for an amazing children’s ministry leader. We do have some important criteria in mind, including things like, agreement with our statement of faith, ministry experience, personal excitement, and a proven track record. But beyond experience, references and proven success are equally important things like character, personality, leadership style, and discovering if you’re a right fit for our culture.
So, here are our ideal qualifications when it comes to experience, skills, track record and alignment with us in our beliefs. We recognize some candidates may not have all the various ministry experience. We are happy to invest in someone to help them grow in some areas if we feel like they are the right fit for our team and church.
So continue on and then if you feel like you qualify and want to move forward, we would be honored to get to know you and dive into the next level of this important vetting process. And this as much for you to get to know us as us to get to know you. We hope you are “interviewing” us to determine if you think RLC is a church you would be excited to join and a place where you could grow and flourish as a disciple and disciple-maker.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE RLC LIFER KIDS MINISTRY POSITION:
Statement of faith:
- Please read and review the attached statement of faith. Can you agree wholeheartedly with it?
Link to our Statement of faith:
- Please watch the attached sermon series to get a feel for our style and presentation of God’s word.
Series to watch:
Experience (preferred but doesn't exclude you if you don't have it yet):
- Have personally led a children’s ministry.
- Have personally made disciples of Jesus.
- Have recruited & trained volunteers for various roles in children’s ministry.
- Have provided pastoral care and support for children’s ministry volunteers.
- Have promoted and resourced families to lead and disciple their elementary aged kids.
- Have developed strategic community partnerships with schools, sports programs or others who serve kids.
- Have planned, promoted and executed outreach events to reach new elementary kids.
- Have planned, promoted and executed events for various age groups of kids in the kid’s ministry.
- Have prepared an annual ministry budget.
- Have successfully managed your personal life, family, hobbies and your commitment to full time ministry.
- Have excellent people skills and can navigate conversations and relationships well.
- Have experience dealing with conflict amongst kids, volunteers, parents or co-workers.
- Have successfully grown a children’s ministry; added kids, added volunteers, added community outreach and impact, added kids following Jesus, added to the number of kids graduating up to youth ministry.
Excited to move forward in this process, then please submit the following items to thad@RLCPullman.com
- Resume with a cover letter.
- In a separate document please share your dream of an ideal children’s ministry.
- Please share where you personally land in regard to the egalitarian & complementarian discussion.
Please include email and phone numbers for references if not included with the resume.
- 2 personal references that are not related
- 1 reference from a co-worker or lead pastor
- 1 reference from someone who has volunteered in your children’s ministry
Once these items have been received, we’ll reach out and set up a time to connect over zoom.
On behalf of myself and our elders, thank you so much for your time and consideration.