WEST VIEW COMMUNITY CHURCH JOB DESCRIPTION
Position: Student/Youth Pastor
Mission, Vision, Strategy and Values of West View Community Church
West View Community Church exists to be a gospel centered community of disciples that make disciples to serve the world
Our vision is to reach the unchurched and to disciple believers to become thriving followers of Jesus.
Our strategy is to seek, serve, and grow. As we worship, pray, and share the Gospel of Jesus Christ, we seek the glory of God. For His glory, we serve and care for one another, our community, our nation, and our world. Part of this service is helping people grow in community and in a personal relationship with Jesus through Community Groups, our small group ministry.
About This Role
The primary role of the Youth Pastor is to introduce young people to Christ, disciple them in spiritual growth, and equip them to serve Christ. The Youth Pastor also equips parents/guardians to disciple their children. The Youth Pastor is responsible for providing planning, promoting, and coordinating assistance and direction for all education and activities for grades six through twelve.
Primary Responsibilities and Tasks of the Youth Pastor
- Lead and organize effective programs for students that combine fellowship, worship, biblical teaching, discipleship, and evangelism.
- Recruit, train, and shepherd all student ministry volunteers.
- Plan and execute services for students that are biblically accurate, culturally relevant, and high-energy.
- Create and manage a student ministry calendar that drives all events, activities, and teaching within the ministry.
- Integrate the mission and vision of West View Community Church into student ministry goals and activities.
- Be an active presence in local high schools with periodic visits engage students at school.
- Educate, encourage, and facilitate student participation in church-wide community outreach initiatives.
- Cast vision for, teach, and plan retreats and camps with music, messages, games, and activities that inspire students to learn about God.
- Assist in developing the annual student ministry budget and responsible stewardship of the budget.
- Serve as a member of the pastoral staff by performing and participating in baptism services, funerals, etc. as related to the needs of students.
- Provide counseling and spiritual direction to students on a regular, individual basis.
- Maintain contact with students and parents to keep them informed of events and activities and maintain a ministry strategy that encourages involvement.
- Collaborate with other pastoral staff to support parents in effectively fulfilling their Christian parenting roles and duties.
Strengths & Skillset
- Bi-lingual Fluent in English and Spanish is preferred
- Exhibits a personal and growing relationship with God and a teachable spirit.
- A love and passion for young people, evangelism, and outreach.
- Willingness to relate to the unique needs of teenagers in today’s culture.
- A self-motivated leader capable of creating and executing a long-term vision.
- Strong strategic planning and administrative skills.
- Excellent relational skills to communicate with students and parents.
- A working knowledge of creative programming for student programs and events.
This position reports to the Lead Pastor.
This position is a part of the Pastoral Leadership Team.
While not specifically related to the job, here are some personal responsibilities of everyone on staff at West View Community Church.
- Maintain God-ordained priorities in your life by putting Jesus Christ first, your spouse second, your children third and the ministry fourth.
- Give at least 10% of your income toward the mission and vision of West View Community Church.
- Be loyal to the vision and staff of West View Community Church and always protect the unity of the church.
- Demonstrate a Christ-like attitude through all interactions with congregation, staff, and volunteers.
- Invest and invite the lost to know Jesus and come to West View Community Church.
This is a Part-time, salaried position around 15-20 hours a week,
Please sumbit cover letter and resume to email@example.com