Westover Church is currently taking applications for the role of Westover Kids Pastor or Senior Director (depending on experience). This role will serve the body of Westover by providing vision, management, and leadership for all aspects of ministry to children (nursery-5th grade). This is a great opportunity, as our sizeable kids ministry consists of several paid staff positions, over 300 volunteers and up to 1,000 kids for programming & special events. The WK Pastor is supported by and reports directly to the Student Life Pastor.
Note: Sunday programming has resumed as of November 2020, virtual resources will still be implemented for those families who are not attending on Sunday mornings.
Interested candidates should fill out an application on Westover Church's website, resumes will not be considered without the requested application. http://westoverchurch.coffeecup.com/Employment%20Application/
- Vision planning and strategic partnering to execute programming, curriculum development and volunteer coordination efforts. Will also work closely as needed with other youth ministries at Westover.
- Leadership of the WK staff to accomplish team goals, encouraging excellence in their pursuit of God, ministry work with one another and the children in their care. Provide effective feedback to maximize team engagement and/or continual improvement in ministry efforts.
- Implement innovative strategies to engage members of the body in volunteerism within the kids ministry; execute effective recruiting/equipping strategies for a thriving volunteer base.
- Family Discipleship: Work alongside other Westover staff to encourage and equip parents to lead in the spiritual development of their children. Provide or keep parents informed of current resources and help for parent-centered discipleship.
- Teaching and preaching within the ministry area and (as applicable) the church body as a whole
- Service and Outreach: Work with paid and volunteer staff to reach out to children in the community (partnership with Local Missions, VBS, Family Night Outreach events, Awana, and the development of new initiatives.)
- Annual and ongoing budget management for ministry area, responsible for financial decisions and working within budget restraints.
- Meeting, training and planning with other pastoral staff. Pastoral duties including but not limited to counseling within the ministry area, baptisms, presentation in membership classes to promote the kids ministry, etc.
- Undergraduate degree required (M.Div or advanced degree in church ministry highly preferred)
- Minimum of three years' experience on a church staff while leading a kids ministry of at least 300
- Strong organizational abilities, excellent communication skills, highly developed interpersonal skills, ability to multi-task, ability to train and facilitate classes
- Supervisory skills such as coaching, mentoring, accountability for ministry goals, and development of staff team within ministry area
- Strong ability to translate vision into actionable plans, monitoring progress and mobilizing teams as needed
- Delegation and monitoring of team responsibilities
If interested in applying for this position, please complete Westover's employment application online (link provided above). The online application allows applicants to upload a resume.