Position for a Senior Pastor at Antwerp Christian Fellowship
We believe that God is preparing a Senior Pastor for ACF who is a strong leader with a heart for Europe whose life is in all aspects built on Jesus Christ.
Antwerp Christian Fellowship (ACF) is an English- and Flemish-speaking gospel-centered church located in the heart of Antwerp, an economically and culturally diverse and vibrant city in Belgium. We are a growing, multi-cultural community consisting of expatriates, locals and students coming from various denominational backgrounds.
Our vision is to advance God’s kingdom by equipping disciples and building multicultural communities that bring spiritual, social and cultural renewal to those around us. With Christ at our center, – leading transformed lives, loving God and our neighbour, reaching out to the city with a truth-endwelled love.
The congregation has nearly doubled over the past seven years, and a new calling from our current pastor to go on a mission to Asia with his family marks the start of a new season, where we trust God will again provide a good shepherd and a new season of spiritual growth and renewal.
Given the denominational diversity, we are focussed on deepening our congregation’s understanding of the Scriptures, but humbly share our interpretation of Scripture, increasingly careful to separate minors from majors in our doctrine.
We expect the candidate to first meet the Biblical requirements for eldership (1 Tim 3), and we are led to pay specific attention to the following aspects:
- A deep, prayerful relationship with God, a Spirit-led ministry and Christ-transformed life.
- The ability to delegate with a demonstrated track record in discipleship and equipping of ministry leaders.
- Strong teaching skills: doctrinal teachings supported by daily life applications.
- A heart for counseling, naturally speaking the truth in love to God’s flock.
- A love for Antwerp, for outreach and evangelism in Europe post-christian context.
We expect that the candidate has a minimum of 10 years of ministry experience, 5 years of which as senior pastor at a church of similar size.
As our Pastor, you will:
- bring the sermon weekly;
- work as part of the elder team for spiritual oversight of the congregation and ministries; praying and planning together under the Chief Shepherd, Jesus Christ;
- work with the deacons, equipping them to effectively serve the needy in church and the city through counseling, pastoral care and mercy ministries;
- identify individuals in church with gifts and potential, discipling them to further the church of Christ;
- learn the local language (Dutch) within the first 2 years.
While the pastor’s wife is expected to be aligned in the calling to the ministry, we are open to other vocational callings for her and we value a strong and loving Christian family above all.
The initial contract term will be 5 years, with a competitive salary and benefits package dependent on the experience and family situation of the candidate. We will work with you on setting priorities.
Interested candidates are required to send the following items with their application:
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae;
- A letter of motivation, including:
- The candidate’s approach to preaching;
- The candidate’s approach to equipping disciples, delegating and building up leaders in church;
- A description of how the candidate has put his approach a & b in practice over the years, including sermon examples;
- A brief summary of what in the position and specific context of ACF is particularly attractive to the candidate.
- 3 references of fellow elders, pastors and/or ministry leaders.