SWITCH is a faith-based, Christian organization fighting human trafficking and sexual exploitation in the Upstate of South Carolina. The Intervention Coordinator is responsible for providing trauma-informed intervention services and sensitivity to individuals who are identified in situations that may be at risk for trafficking or exploitation.
The position provides quality training and intervention in group and individual capacities to adults and minors to help them recognize potential risk of situations they may be in and to help identify ways to get out if desired.
A successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
● Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Counseling. Criminal Justice, or related field minimum. Master’s Degree in Psychology, Social Work, Counseling preferred.
● Experience in teaching, presenting, and/or public speaking
● Experience working in sexual violence or human trafficking programs ● Experience working in settings with at risk populations
● Experience and knowledge of direct behavioral health services and trauma-based approaches
● Experience conducting psychoeducational groups
● Experience conducting biopsychosocial assessments
● Belief in strengths-based and empowerment approach to human services
● Passion for the mission and vision of SWITCH along with the knowledge of organization’s history, culture, identity, and goals
● Excellent oral and written communication skills
● Strong interpersonal skills, including active listening
● Ability to maintain a calm, professional demeanor in challenging situations including client crises
● Ability to advocate for others, demonstrate compassion and empathy, and practice healthy self-care and boundaries
● Proficiency in Microsoft Office and data management environments.
● Bilingual, (Spanish speaking) preferred
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
● Complete biopsychosocial assessment for each Intervention participant
● Develop and conduct various psychoeducational groups for designated community partners and at risk populations in that setting ● Meet with participants from various partnerships and work to form healthy relationships in order to educate about human trafficking and sexual exploitation
● Advocate for participants to both outside organizations and internally within SWITCH
● Create Individualized Intervention Plan and goals with program participants
● Maintain weekly contact with active participants in the Intervention program to empower and encourage them in meeting goals
● Maintain contact with community partners to assess needs and develop programs and training needed to help with intervention needs. ● Create and maintain case notes for each interaction with participants and complete them within 24 hours.
● Attend meetings, events, trainings, and task force meetings as requested by the Clinical Director.
● Work to develop the Intervention program as needed in the following areas: foster care, strip clubs, homeless shelters, law enforcement stings, and jail settings.
● Help support the Zakar Volunteer program in connecting participants who are currently incarcerated through the process with Clinical Director and supporting as needed.
● Lead the Intervention Club team of volunteers in developing plans, hold team accountable to SWITCH vision and standards, and work to build relationships with businesses in the area that are in the commercial sex industry.
For more information visit https://www.switchsc.org/careers
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls.