Champion Fellowship in Brenham, TX is seeking a full-time Children’s Pastor or Children’s Ministry Director who is gifted and motivated to reach children from birth through 6th grade and partner with families as we point them to Christ.
Working under the direct supervision of the Associate Pastor; plan, direct, cast vision, and oversee the curricular and extracurricular activities of the church-related to birth through sixth-grade children. These include, but are not limited to, volunteer recruitment and training, Sunday School, Children’s Church, Vacation Bible School, summer camps, and family events where children are a priority. The Children’s Ministry Pastor-Director will provide leadership for the Children’s Ministry Assistant.
- Maintain a high level of spiritual influence and testimony.
- Plan, coordinate and evaluate the educational programs for birth - 6th grade.
- Create/cultivate a Children’s Ministry that is exciting where children want and invite others.
- Enlist, train, equip, and supervise qualified teachers/leaders and childcare volunteers as needed.
- Conducting background checks as appropriate.
- Hire and supervise qualified childcare workers as needed.
- Host/Conduct regular monthly children’s ministry teacher/leader meetings.
- Attend staff and teacher/leader meetings as required.
- Prepare and submit an annual budget request for the children’s ministry to the Associate Pastor.
- Manage the approved budget responsibly, adhering to the purchasing guidelines as established.
- Be visible and available to children’s ministry teachers/leaders during church services and activities.
- Keep office and other work areas neatly maintained.
- Monitor/Inspect children’s classrooms after use, ensuring that workers/teachers clean up appropriately.
- Attend professional development conferences and workshops as needed or assigned.
- Have a professional relationship with the Brenham Independent School District.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
- Five years of full-time experience leading a robust and growing Children’s Ministry.
- Supervisory experience over a diverse team of volunteers.
- Ability to work with a team of staff members for ministry input and accountability; a team player.
- A professing Christian who agrees with The Baptist Faith and Message-2000.
- A Christian character that is Faithful, Available, Approachable, and Teachable.
- A conviction that parents/guardians are the primary influencers in a child’s life.
- Must present a neat, professional, and well-groomed personal appearance.
- Possess and demonstrate good organization, communication, and people skills.
- Able to coordinate, supervise, and work well with volunteers, guardians, children & church employees.
- Excellent computer skills, word processing, and email.
- Ability to effectively connect and communicate with others in the setting of Brenham, TX.
- Experience using social media to connect with families and provide ministry updates.
- A college/seminary degree or experience in Early Childhood Development or Elementary Education is desired.
Salary & Benefits - Negotiable; commensurate with job knowledge and experience.
Before submitting your resume, review the Champion Fellowship web site and Facebook page to have an understanding of who we are as a church. Interested candidates are to send a resume and supporting information to email@example.com
Supporting information will, at a minimum, include three references that we may contact:
• Present or previous ministry supervisor
• Present or previous ministry volunteer
• Ministry peer
Your application indicates your willingness to submit to a background check and drug test.
Though Champion Fellowship is affiliated with the SBC, we are not limiting our search criteria to only those applicants.