Director of Children and Youth Ministries
The Director of Children and Youth Ministries for Aldersgate United Methodist Church is responsible for working with the Christian education team and Pastor to organize, resource, oversee and evaluate the Christian education programs. These include Sunday School, Youth Group, Confirmation and Vacation Bible School. The Director will use effective collaboration and communication skills to develop an education plan that will help cultivate children and youth with a love for Jesus Christ.
After initial orientation with the Staff-Parish Relations Committee and Pastor, duties include:
- Communication for input from parents and the Worship committee.
- Provide outline of Christian Education plan for the year to the church’s Staff-Parish Relations Committee. Details will include desired goals of class size, class time, and rotated content.
- Identify appropriate Curriculum and lesson plans to be used.
- Recruit and train volunteers as needed
- Oversee teachers for the designated classes and programs.
- Support teachers and ensure that they have lesson plans and materials each week.
- Be familiar with and help ensure adherence to the church’s Safe Sanctuaries Policy.
- adaptation to online activities as needed due to Covid-19
- Seasonal activities include:
- Coordinate with Pastor the Sunday School kick-off (September)
- Coordinate with and assist the Christmas Pageant director (November - December)
- Coordinate with Pastor Children‘s Sunday (May)
- Assist Pastor with Vacation Bible School (late August)
The Director will have a love of children, evident joy and faith in what God will do, strong organizational skills, initiative, and creativity.
This position averages approximately 3-5 hours a week over the year, varying by season.
Stipend: $3000 annually, paid monthly or twice-yearly