GraceWay Church Director of Youth Ministry
The GraceWay Church Director of Youth Ministry is responsible for oversight, administration, and evaluation of Youth Programing that encourages students’ (6th – 12th grade) growth in their relationship with Jesus Christ.
• An active, dedicated, mature Christian striving for excellence in life and ministry as evidenced by a pattern of integrity and a love for Christ, the gospel, and the Scriptures.
• A deep love and passion for the youth of our church and community, and a practice of helping parents nurture their children’s faith in Jesus.
• If married or a parent, models God-honoring relationships with his/her spouse and/or children.
• Able to fully embrace the vision, values, and statement of faith of GraceWay Church, and will participate as an active member in good standing. • Self-motivated leadership with a proven ability to build a team by recruiting and developing volunteers and communicating vision to others. • An energetic team player with strong people skills. • Able to relate to junior high and high school students, and to mentor them to spiritual maturity and provide biblical advice and counsel.
• Good administrative, organization, communication and follow-through skills.
• A willingness to pursue biblical and theological training on-the-job (if not already completed before).
• Plan, prepare, and execute with the help of adult volunteer staff all weekly large group gatherings of students (Sunday morning and mid-week programing) for teaching and relationship building for the purpose of student spiritual growth.
• Recruit and train adult volunteer staff to guide, lead, and supervise the students.
• Organize and plan other activities (e.g., retreats, conferences, mission trips, etc.) as needed for spiritual growth, outreach, service, fellowship, and worship.
• Facilitate communication between ministry volunteers, student participants, church family, staff, and church leadership.
• Develop and maintain interpersonal relationships with ministry volunteers, student participants and parents/guardians.
• Recruit and disciple qualified students for leadership training, helping them to replicate a discipleship model with their peers.
• Oversee curriculum evaluation and selection process, ensuring use of doctrinally sound and age appropriate materials. Coordinate with Children’s Ministry to achieve a cohesive curriculum with a vision for complete discipleship of individual youth and families.
• Administrate Child and Youth Protection Plan as it relates to youth ministry, including screening and training of all staff and volunteers who work with youth.
• Prepare annual financial budget for youth ministries with input from others and oversee all spending within this budget. Purchase (or delegate the purchase of) needed supplies and equipment.
• Collaborate with children’s and adult ministry leadership on efforts to equip parents.
• Participate in local and regional youth ministry networks.
• Network with various schools and parachurch ministries within our district and community.
• Manage transportation essentials (e.g., bus maintenance, insurance, and driver qualifications).
The Director of Youth Ministry shall work under the supervision of the Lead Pastor or a supervisor designated by the Lead Pastor.
Part-time, approx. 20 hours per week. Work hours will include a combination of on-site hours (Sunday mornings, special events, staff meetings, regular office hours, and other times as necessary) and off-site hours (meeting students and attending student activities, purchasing, work at home).