Title: Project Manager Start Date: TBD
Direct Report: Executive Director
Third Lens is a community of architects, engineers, planners, real estate and construction professionals who use their talents for eternal purposes. Our vision is to change the model of construction in the nonprofit world. We take on the burden of construction so our partners can stay on mission and grow their outreach. Third Lens provides comprehensive program management services for the planning, design and construction of building projects.
To design and build environments of healing, empowerment, and redemption.
To change construction in the nonprofit world.
Our Core Values
- Christ-Centered – By giving of our time, talent and treasure towards others, we are the expression of the love of God and the Church.
- Primacy of Relationships – Together we can harness our strengths to achieve a greater purpose and exceed our own limitations.
- Stewardship – We shephard and honor the resources we are entrusted with because at no time were they actually ours.
- Standard of Integrity – Our actions and words adhere to our strong Biblical worldview and moral principles.
- Pursuit of Excellence – In all things, we strive to exceed ordinary standards and executive with precision.
Responsibilities and Essential Duties:
- Develop Project Management Plan (PMP)
- Ability to run multiple projects in several countries
- Remotely work with in-country staff and third-party contractors
- Serve as the primary point of contact of the design team (architects, engineers, consultants)
- Facilitate design meetings, manage design schedule and track action items
- Work with in-country relationships to identify and implement all contract deliverables, quality testing, and reporting requirements
- Create staging, logistics, and phasing plan for project
- Lead vetting and selection recommendation of in-country general contractor
- Set up project in ProCore, or similar project management software
- Responsible for project startup, including coordinating obtaining local permits, licenses and job site mobilization
- Facilitate startup meetings with contractors and other consultants
- Assist in development, planning, and updating of overall project schedule
- Lead responsibility for project quality control plan implementation and compliance
- Prioritize, review, and expedite submittals
- Develop and administer contractor change orders
- Review and recommend approval of payment requests and monitor payment
- Attend and facilitate OAC progress meetings and create regular status reports
- Enter and update information in project management software (job status reports, projections, change orders, and RFI’s)
- Mentor and train volunteer APMs and intern students
Education - Skills - Knowledge - Qualifications & Experiences:
- Bachelor’s degree in construction, engineering, or related field
- Minimum of 5-8 years of construction experience
- Able to perform Project Manager duties proficiently
- Experience managing all aspects of construction projects including architecture, civil, structural, mechanical and electrical
- Working knowledge of ProCore and other construction software
- Basic understanding of financial accounting systems
- Strong oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Technical writing skills
- Conflict resolution skills
- Superior organizational skills
- Ability to multitask and work remotely
- Willingness to travel internationally to evaluate project progress and potential new projects
Location: Remote work remotely in a virtual environment
Third Lens is an equal employment opportunity employer (M/F/Vets/Disabilities) who is committed to taking steps to promote the employment of minorities, women, persons with disabilities and protected veterans. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the career website as a result of your disability. You may request a reasonable accommodation by calling 334-246-3900 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
The above description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental, or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.