Gainesville First United Methodist Church is a large multi-generational congregation with three distinct worship experiences. We offer a variety of discipleship opportunities for our adults, students and children on Sunday mornings and throughout the week. Our connection with our community and throughuot the world is strong.
We are seeking an Assistant Director of Children's Ministy who has a passion for leading children, parents and volunteerrs in ministries that transform lives and communities by building bridges to Jesus Christ.
The key responsibilities are:
- Teach and lead children birth through 5th grade
- Train and empower volunteers
- Communicate throughout the week with the children and thier families
- Be part of the team that organizes and executes community events throughout the year
- Help prepare the necessay supplies for Sunday and week day ministries
- Additional duties as requested
The requirements are:
- Committed follower of Jesus Christ with a call to children's ministry
- Bachelor degree in Education/Christian Education
- Preference given to those with a UMC background
This is a full-time position. The compensation package includes medical and 401K benefits. Please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com