We are a Christ and Bible centered Presbyterian church (PCA) located in Springfield, VA. We are a small ministry of 15 members as part of a church of approximately 60 members. We are seeking a pastor with a heart for young adult and youth ministry to grow with.
This part-time position starts as a 8-10 hrs/week position, which includes time spent preparing for and leading service on Sunday mornings, as well as midweek evening Bible studies every other week. Depending on the individual’s experience, the pastor will be responsible for setting a ministry vision, managing the curriculum, and coordinating special events, spiritually mentoring and shepherding the young adult and youth members.
The position will report to the lead pastor but will remain mostly autonomous with support provided upon request.
About our church:
We are a group of various young adults in their mid twenties, as well as a few college, high school, and middle school students. The church is primarily a Korean congregation but the ministry is in English. The ability to communicate in Korean is NOT necessary. We, as a ministry, are currently in the processes of re-seeking our identity and aligning the purpose for us so that we may live out our faith with even greater joy and expectancy. We would love to meet someone who could nurture a greater vision in our maturing group.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Minimum Qualifications —
• Bachelor’s degree (B.A.)
• Committed calling for ministry and evangelism
• Fluent in English
• Be able to provide 2 sermon samples and references upon request
Ideal Qualifications —
• Enrolled in or completed a M.Div. program from an accredited seminary
• We are open to individuals of various ministry and teaching experience
• Preach regular Sunday mornings and facilitate midweek Bible studies every other week
• Run a grace and spirit-filled, scripture and discipleship-based, and evangelism and prayer focused ministry
• Develop one-on-one relationships by being a friend and positive role model
• Foster fellowship and spiritual growth