Student Ministry Director
- Commitment to theRIVER.
- Endorse and lead according to the values, vision and the belief statement of faith of theRIVER
- Must have the giftedness, passion, and skill for ministry with students and families
- Must be able to enlist, train and supervise others for student ministry.
- Ability to relate and work well with others and be flexible.
- Must be spiritually growing in Christlikeness and prepared and able to mentor another believer for leadership.
The Student Ministry Director at theRIVER is someone who is passionate about Jesus and longs to share that with students from 6th to 12th grades. Someone who works well in a team environment, is eager to serve and able to create a dynamic learning environment where students are growing spiritually in a safe, fun & loving environment.
The Student Ministries Director reports to the Lead Pastor for spiritual and ministry guidance. An evaluation of the Student Ministries Directors performance, based on an agreed Ministry Action Plan (MAP) will occur quarterly.
- Disciple the students and young adults into a personal relationship with God in both large group and smaller relational environments
- Model the way and be a servant leader
- Recruit and train leaders according to need for age/grade Students Ministry.
- Teach students the Gospel.
- Build a team of passionate adult student coaches to help mentor and disciple the youth.
- Be punctual to meetings and follow through with communication
- Introduce others to Christ as Lord and be mentoring another believer for leadership.
Recruit, Equip & Invest in primary adult leaders.
- Recruit, Equip & Invest in primary student leaders.
- Parent Partnership-Intentional plan
- Primary leadership of overall discipleship and evangelism.
- General Pastoral Ministry Responsibilities.
- Provide macro-leadership for student ministry at theRiver.
- Policies and procedures
- Series planning
- Vision for student ministry
- Event oversight
- Difference Makers
- Discipleship/spiritual growth opportunities
- Other duties as necessary to advance the Gospel