CN3S provides personalized professional and support services to ensure our clients' success. Whether your program requires mission, IT, environmental or medical support, CN3S offers the best solutions to finish your job on time and within budget. CN3S has proven expertise in navigating the competitive and tribal 8(a) acquisition environments. This gives our clients more control over project scopes and budgets, streamlines the procurement process and alleviates acquisition delays.
The Contractor is responsible for all coordination, organization, preparation, and performance of music presentations required supporting the Worship Services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Includes the following:
- Responsible for all coordination, organization, preparation, and performance of music presentations required supporting Worship/Mass Services.
- Request music supplies by submitting a written request through the chaplain-in-charge of the service.
- Provide praise team/musician leadership services, as required.
- Provide for special/holy days and funeral/memorial services as requested by Wing Chaplain, and/or chaplain-in-charge of the service.
- Perform for each regular service by singing and playing Gospel praise/worship music, preludes and postludes, congregational hymns, and/or special music (Approximately 52 services per year).
- Perform for weekly rehearsals.
- Perform for special/holy days/funeral/memorial/contingency services and additional practices.
- Assist the chaplain-in-charge with the selection of suitable music (i.e., gospel worship style, traditional, and contemporary) for all required worship services, and additional services performed.
- Recruit and oversee volunteer musicians and choir performing in the worship service.
- Responsible for preparation and restoration of both the music and altar area for services.
- After each rehearsal, the area must be returned to a neutral state. (i.e. microphones, cords, and stands put away, papers from music and bulletins removed, all altar items returned to storage, etc.)
- Ensure that the facility is properly secured and locked upon departure, or responsibility is turned over to a Chapel Staff member or responsible individual. Inform Chapel Facility Manager of any problems with the chapel facility.
- Ensure any practice areas used are neat and returned to its original condition.
- Performs other job related duties as required.
No supervisory requirement for this position.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Have a minimum of one (1) year experience leading musical worship for a military chapel community or civilian church community. Professional music training is preferred. Must be a mature practicing Christian for at least five (5) years.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to lead vocally and play piano or guitar.
- Ability to read music or chord music is required.
- Practicing is evidenced by regular attendance and involvement in a church community.
Work will be performed in a climate controlled environment.
With $400 million in annual revenue, 20% growth per year, approximately 950+ active contracts serving 60+ government agencies in 25 countries, 47 states, 2 territories and 2000+ employees, Cherokee Nation Businesses’ (CNB) group of Federal Contracting Section 8(a) companies is well positioned to deliver expertise needed to solve complex technical issues. Federal Solutions provides an array of services for 12 of the 15 cabinet-level departments and agencies – from applications and data services to cybersecurity and national defense.
Why consider Cherokee Nation and our Federal Solutions business? Here are some great resources highlighting what we do and compelling reasons for joining our team!
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please copy and paste the links to the following two sites: EEO Statement | EEO Poster
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may email “CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com” for assistance. This email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the application process or status.
For Pay Transparency Non Discrimination provision, please copy and paste the following link: Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
We maintain an Affirmative Action Plan for the purpose of proactively seeking employment and advancement for qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Upon request, we will schedule time to make our Affirmative Action Plan accessible. If you are interested, please submit a written request with the email subject line: 2018 Request to View Affirmative Action Plan to the Compliance Administrator at “CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com” This email box is not for resumes or follow up on job applications.