Elders Baptist Church is seeking a Worship Pastor to facilitate the worship of and service to God. The Worship Pastor will provide supervision of the worship support team (e.g., audio/visual team, choir, and instrumentalists), perform pastoral duties, work in conjunction with the existing team to lead and equip volunteers to lead the church into meaningful encounters with Jesus. The ideal candidate must be a Godly, driven, and creative leader who will employ a blended worship style that emphasizes sound doctrine to facilitate a unified corporate worship experience. Salary offered is commensurate with education and experience. We prefer a minimum of one year's experience and a seminary degree.
- Musical skills and training.
- Assist the Senior Pastor in ministering to the entire congregation, understanding needs and responding accordingly in shepherding and discipling capacities.
- Ability to lead various musical ensembles.
- Coordinate and execute extra church worship experiences.
- Exceptional people skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment to accomplish common goals and objectives.
- Competency using computer programs such as MS Office Suite and/or Media Shout.
- Experience in maintaining the worship ministry yearly budget.
- Agreement with the 2000 Baptist Faith and Message Statement.
Elders Baptist Church is located in Eldersburg, MD (Sykesville). In 2016, Budget Travel declared Sykesville as the "Coolest Sall Town in America". The church facility includes a sanctuary, fellowship hall, multiple classrooms, and church staff offices located in an on-site building. We are committed to reaching our communty for Christ through multiple ministries that aim to support our church family and community in their journey through life.
As cooperative partners with the Southern Baptist Convention, and a member of the Mid-Maryland Baptist Association, we are committed to preaching and teaching the inspired word of God.