Love God Whole-heartedly.
Love People Unselfishly.
Share Jesus Boldly with the World.
Children’s Pastor / Kid’s Director
Do you feel called to make a difference in the Church and for Eternity?
Do you want to be a part of a team that works hard together and loves each other towards their best? Are you willing to jump in on the early stages of a church plant that we believe God will grow to something amazing to reach lost souls? Freedom, potential and opportunity to create is waiting.
If you desire to partner with passionate people who have counted the cost to reach people far from Christ, check out www.bridgecos.com, in beautiful Colorado Springs, Colorado.
Currently this is a "part-time" position that we are praying and anticipating will grow within a year to full time as God continues to grow the church. We can offer a flexible schedule in a beautiful place to explore the outdoors with people who love Jesus and give an atmosphere of grace. We strive for excellence and love each other like family.
Summary of the position:
To provide leadership, vision, and direction that creates a life-giving atmosphere of vibrant and enticing discipleship and evangelism for the children, parents, and the children’s ministry team of The Bridge Fellowship. The Children’s Pastor will manage and implement the church-wide vision and direction of Bridge Kids in partnership with the leadership. This oversight includes direct responsibility for Bridge Kids, Preschool, and Family Check-in (i.e. Worship, Small Groups, Teaching, Games, Special events).
Experience and Personal Qualifications:
- Ability to communicate the Gospel in various ways to children of various ages.
- Leadership background and experience serving with kids. Heart/Calling/Passion for children and parents.
- Proven ability to Recruit, develop, and train high-quality leaders for staff and volunteer roles.
- Project management experience.
- Ability to articulate and implement the vision of The Bridge Fellowship.
- Exceptional leadership and communication skills.
- Superior interpersonal skills working with a variety of people from volunteers, to parents, to kids.
- Positive attitude and approach to problem solving. Must be solution-oriented.
- Strong organizational and time management skills and pursuit of excellence through attention to detail.
- Uses ‘Time/Talents/Treasure’ to support and further the mission of this local church.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Lead and build teams to execute all aspects of Kid’s ministry.
- Develop the implementation of policies and expectations.
- Manage and schedule weekly/monthly volunteer team for Bridge Kids ministry areas.
- Develop and Schedule regular Training processes for leaders and volunteers of nursery, preschool, and Kids, (also special needs ministry as needed).
- Oversee set-up of all kids’ areas on Sunday mornings.
- Work closely with ministry leaders and analyze effectiveness of programming and adjust as needed.
- Develop healthy community among parents and equip parents for discipleship through Sunday and small group experience.
- Co-Responsible for staffing: interviewing process, recruitment of new staff, staff training, employee reviews, volunteer recruitment.
- Direct and develop a fun, biblically-relevant Sunday experience for all children.
- Find or Develop curriculum for children that reflects the teaching of The Bridge Fellowship.
- Oversee special event planning and volunteer scheduling (i.e. VBS, Easter, Christmas, Camps, Outreach, LG Tailgate, Volunteer appreciation events, etc.).
- Lead department meetings to empower and train staff to fulfill their unique roles.
- Consistently communicate with volunteers and parents.
- Maintain strong communication and relationship with Direct Report and Lead Pastors to ensure the vision of the Pastor is implemented in all aspects of family ministry.
- Connect with new families and visitors before, during, and after services.
- Weekly contact with students and leaders.
Attributes and Personal Qualifications:
- Love Jesus, His Word and the Church as an active follower of God.
- Heart of a servant, team player
- Fun/Enjoyable/Positive attitude.
- Loyal, Flexible, Hard-working, Honest, and Teachable (“We crave feedback”).
- Be a supportive and dependable team member.
- Self-starter who follows through and seeks to empowers others.
(“Who are you bringing w/you?”)
- Strive for Unity and the protection/support of leadership.
(Gossip and disunity will not be tolerated).
- Maintain a life of integrity and a testimony of character that doesn’t compromise the name of Jesus or The Bridge Fellowship.
Core Values to be modeled:
Authentic Love. Relevant Truth. Intentional Reach. Sacrificial Worship. Simple Excellence.