FAMILY MINISTRIES DIRECTOR
The Family Ministries Director will develop and implement strategies for ministering to our children and youth (ages 0 through teen years). The goal is to build their faith in God, and to reach out to their families. This helps fulfill our church’s mission statement: “As disciples of Jesus Christ we will love God, build up others, and share our faith.”
- Plan, implement and participate in age-appropriate teaching and activities for children and students (ages 0 through teen) This includes Sunday and mid-week programs.
- Equip families to be disciple-makers of their children.
- Recruit volunteers and develop strong ministry teams.
- Work with the ministry staff and Head of Staff to develop the ministry.
- Keep records of all new people who come to any student ministry event and provide appropriate follow up to invite them into the life of our church.
- Organize and oversee family events such as Trunks of Treats, Easter Egg Hunt, Christmas event, etc.
- Communicate with the families, staff, Session, and church for the purpose of informing and promoting the ministry.
- Plan and administer safety and security training, including background checks.
- Has a vibrant and growing relationship with Jesus Christ. Has a good understanding of the Bible and can communicate the principles of Scripture to children and youth.
- Has a passion to build relationships with children and their families in the church and outside the church.
- Has a passion and joy for helping children and families grow in their faith.
- Takes initiative, is self-directed and is a team player. Willing to work with the Pastor and the Family Ministries Team in a collaborative way.
SCHEDULE and COMPENSATION - This is a part-time position for 20 hours/week, 52 weeks/year, $25/hour. The distribution of the hours will be guided by the Pastor and the Personnel team.
TIME OFF/HOLIDAYS - Time off, sick leave, and holidays will be according to current Session Personnel Policy.
HOW TO APPLY - If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to Garrett Yamada at: firstname.lastname@example.org.