The Grove Corner is the heart for outreach ministries of The Grove. It houses our Counseling Center, Outreach Department, and The Corner Pantry. The Front Desk Administrative Assistant is an integral role, working as part of a team to manage critical day-to-day activities, along with being a welcoming presence for all clients and visitors.
Reports To: Counseling Administrative Coordinator
Works with: Grove Corner staff; clients
Works: Part time, hourly, 20-25 hours per week
Hours: Thursday: 12:30-9 PM
Friday: 12:30-9 PM
Saturday: 8 AM-4 PM
Welcoming at the Front Desk – 20%
- Greet all vendors and visitors coming into The Grove corner.
- Answer phones and take messages.
- Answer general questions about activities and events.
- Direct visitors to proper locations for activities and events.
- Notify pastors and other staff of appointment arrivals.
Counseling Administration – 70%
- Schedule appointments for counselors; notify counselors of appointments.
- Confirm appointments with clients.
- Collect payments for counseling.
- Meet with counseling walk-in clients to gather information.
- Process initial client intakes.
- Keep counseling database current.
- Schedule and create advertising and print handouts for events and workshops.
- Assist in preparing for, and work at, special events.
Other – 10%
- Distribute food donations to storage locations.
- Attend team meetings, church all-staff meetings, and devotions.
Before submitting a resume and cover letter, please read The Grove’s Statement of Faith and Foundational Beliefs. All applicants confirm they have reviewed and are in full agreement with each part of the Statement of Faith. Submission of a resume and cover letter constitutes an affirmation of alignment with the Grove’s Statement of Faith.