Are you energized by designing detailed reports and using your advanced skills in Excel?
Do you get excited about analyzing and mining data to assist in management decision making?
Do you find it meaningful to assist others in problem-solving, and work as part of a team to meet goals and deadlines?
Pioneers is seeking an experienced Staff Accountant/Analyst to serve in its USA headquarters. We are looking for a degreed accountant with 2-3 years of relevant accounting experience in a corporation, non-profit or accounting firm. The ideal candidate is a positive team player, and shows initiative to support our growing organization.
This is a full-time position with benefits. Salary is commensurate with experience and role. For more information about the role including physical demands, contact the HR team (firstname.lastname@example.org) for a copy of the job description
Key qualifications we're looking for:
- firm commitment to Pioneers’ statement of faith, core values and mission;
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting;
- advanced skills in Microsoft Excel; excellent analytical and problem solving skills;
- knowledge of accounting principles and practices;
- a keen eye for detail;
- a systems-minded approach;
- and ability to work in an increasingly digital and paperless environment.
Preferred skills and experience include:
- prior experience with payroll;
- experience in a cost accounting environment;
- sales tax;
- familiarity with a report writer;
- and experience with an integrated financial application.
- CPA a plus.
- assisting the Controller with monthly managerial reporting;
- designing and maintaining management reports in JET;
- analyzing and mining data to assist in management decision making;
- assisting payroll with complex journals and reconciliations;
- preparation of monthly sales tax reports;
- monthly bank and balance sheet reconciliations;
- preparing period and month-end journal entries and assisting with month-end close;
- and other projects as assigned.
Benefits of this full-time position include:
- fully-paid high deductible health plan for employee and family
- fully-paid life insurance policy for employee and family
- optional dental, life insurance, HSA and FSA, and retirement plans
- annual vacation and sick time, plus 12 holidays.
Pioneers is an international movement that partners with local churches to send teams to make disciples among unreached people groups. For 40 years, our passion has been to see God glorified among those who are physically and spiritually isolated from the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Please note: Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States.
Pioneers seeks to make employment decisions, including decisions concerning hiring, transfers, promotions, compensation, discharge, and other terms and conditions of employment, in accordance with applicable federal and state employment discrimination laws and regulations, including EEO, FMLA, and EPPA.
As a religious organization, Pioneers is entitled to make employment decisions, including hiring decisions, on the basis of religious beliefs and practice of the applicant or employee.
All positions require evidence of a personal faith commitment to Jesus Christ and identification with a local church. See our Statement of Faith and Core Values.
To apply: (our process is unique!)
We invite you to get to know Pioneers a bit by reading some stories about the work our missionaries are doing here: www.pioneers.org and learning about the heart of Pioneers and our strategies regarding missions here: www.pioneers.org/corevalues.
Our statement of faith is here: pioneers.org/statement-of-faith
Review the position description and qualifications at the job posting on our website: www.pioneers.org/careers.
Follow the application instructions under the position description at http://www.pioneers.org/careers or contact email@example.com.