“Sharing the Savior, Showing God’s Love, Serving the World”
Florence Alliance (FAC) is a Christian & Missionary Alliance Church in Florence, KY, which is a suburb of Cincinnati, Ohio. Our area is growing in both numbers and diversity, as investment pours into the fast-growing county and Cincinnati airport area from companies such as Amazon, DHL and World Airways. Our church dates from the late 80s, with the majority of the facilities completed in 2003. Current Sunday attendance is in the low 50s, with a strong core group and under $10,000 debt. Our staff is volunteer, except for a part-time Youth Pastor who has been with us 6 years and recently completed ordination.
While we were sorry to see our pastor step down after 28 years of ministry, we are confident that God has a great future in store for us. We are looking for a new lead pastor to help us chart a future of growth, faithfulness, and ever-increasing impact in our surrounding community.
FAC is looking for a pastor who already has a close relationship with God, will develop a warm and productive relationship with our church family, and will lead us in growing the church and increasing our evangelistic impact on our community. We would like previous ministry experience of 3+ years, but we are also possibly open to a candidate fresh from seminary or equivalent training, especially with other life experience in the mix (example: a previous secular job). Credentials, doctrine, and vision should be fully in alignment with the C&MA, leading to ordination within the Alliance if not already so qualified.
Key Responsibilities of the Lead Pastor:
Work with the Elder Board and Ministry Leadership Team (MLT) to discern, organize and implement church ministries that further the mission of the church both locally and globally.
- Plan and lead Sunday morning worship. As the lead pastor, provide biblically-based, life-applicable preaching and teaching in the ministries of the church, in cooperation with our Youth Pastor, lay leaders and occasional guest speakers. Conduct other special services as needed.
- Be fully involved in leadership and support for the ongoing and future ministries of FAC, including our English as Second Language program, VBS, small groups, and others.
- Lead the church in emphasizing support for the global efforts of the C&MA in accomplishing the Great Commission.
- Serve as the executive officer of the church. Coordinate ministries, general administration, Youth Pastor and volunteers and their schedules so that the church is an efficient operation.
- Represent FAC at C&MA Ohio Valley District functions and national events as determined by the Board.
- Provide pastoral care as needed for FAC members and attendees, including counseling, visitation, funerals, weddings, and so on.
- Represent FAC to the community as opportunities arise, seeking to increase our footprint, visibility, and evangelism.
If interested, please forward an introductory letter and resume to Rick Kirchner at [email protected].