Job Title: Campus Pastor
Reports to: Senior Pastor
Church: The Road Community Church
Location: Howell, MI
Summary of The Road Community Church:
The Road Community Church is a church that started back in 2004 as The Faith Journey church plant in Howell, Michigan. In 2010 Horizon Church was planted in Fenton, Michigan. Two years later, in 2012, the Faith Journey in Howell officially merged with Horizon Church in Fenton to become one church with one pastor in two campuses, changing the name to The Road Community Church.
At present, The Road Community Church is working to give each campus their own unique pastor, and individual budgets, but will remain as one church. The Howell campus is looking for a pastor to lead and shepherd the congregation, under the advisement of the Senior Pastor who will remain the pastor of the Fenton Campus. The leadership is to be held between the Senior Pastor, Campus Pastor, and a plurality of elders. Currently, the two pastors are the only paid positions.
The Road is a non-denominational church currently affiliated with Converge MidAmerica. The campus is in a country setting on 9 acres close to the city of Howell. The area offers many amenities and is in a developing area.
The church’s worship style is contemporary and communion is currently held once a month as a commemoration of Jesus’s death and sacrifice. The church congregation meeting on Sundays is typically 30-40 people. This church body is gracious, authentic, and loving. The people are generous and are committed to following God’s word. There is a true feeling of family and unification between everyone.
The Road Community Church is looking for a pastor to lead this small congregation into deeper relationships with each other and greater spiritual maturity. The church is open to a fresh vision for ministry and organization.
Requirements for the Campus Pastor Position:
- At least 5 years in ministry
- Spiritual giftings of preaching, teaching, and hospitality
- Ability to show Christ’s love to others
- A praying man who lives by example by following God’s word
- A servant minded leader
- Experience with preaching and teaching
- A continual learner with the desire to continually grow
- Passionate towards young kids and young families
- Approachable, compassionate, a good listener, with a keen ability to work well with others
- A motivator with a servant minded attitude
- Effective organizational skills
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to clearly communicate thoughts, plans, and actions
- A focus on bible expository teaching from both testaments
- Priorities lie with preaching, teaching, and evangelism
- Affirm to the vision of The Road Community Church
- Affirm to the Statement of Faith of The Road Community Church
Responsibilities of the Campus Pastor:
- Pastoring the Howell campus at The Road Community Church including, visitations, hospital visits, weddings, baptisms, and communion.
- Work as a member of the elder team in supporting and living out the vision of the church. - Vision: To make disciples who love God and each other, learn who God is, and Live out their Faith practically for their community.
- Shaping and clearly communicating the vision for the campus consistent with the vision of The Road.
- Preaching and teaching at The Howell campus while providing opportunity for others to preach in an effort to disciple their teaching gifts.
- Leading the campus ministry teams
- Overseeing the health and growth of the campus as a whole.
- Create a welcoming atmosphere among the congregation where the love of Christ is practically shown by:
- greeting each person
- asking guests to fill out a communication card
- helping newcomers know where to go and what to do when attending the Road
- Oversee the progress of guests from 1st time visitors to involved partners
- Promote a church-wide culture that: (1) encourages people to move into authentic relationships in Christian community (LOVE) (2) encourages a better understanding and knowledge of the Scriptures (3) encourages people to move toward deeper levels of intimacy with Christ (LEARN) and (4) inspires people to move outside the church and serve their community and world (LIVE).
- Be responsible for the development of leaders
- Participate in the discipleship of partners
- Help new people find a place to grow spiritually and relationally at the church, primarily through FUEL Groups, the Partnership class, and/or the LEARN component of the vision.
- Provide other Christian education opportunities for adults in the church.
- Starting at $40,000 Plus parsonage
- Starting at 2 weeks paid vacation
To apply for this Campus Pastor position at The Road Community Church please send in the following to this email address:
- Statement of Faith
- A brief description of why you believe your gifts, experience, and calling could be a good fit for our church.
Church website: https://www.theroadcommunitychurch.com/
Statement of Faith: https://www.theroadcommunitychurch.com/statement-of-faith