Purpose – Trinity Baptist Church (TBC) is a church committed to intentional disciple-making; where the key part of our success is measured by the spiritual reproduction of mature disciple makers. It is seeking to fill a full-time position, responsible to assist the Senior Pastor and Council of Elders, in providing leadership for the church. The Assistant Pastor shall serve under the immediate direction of the Senior Pastor; yet serve under the authority of the Council of Elders.
Qualifications – It will be expected that the candidate shall have:
· A love for God as evidenced by: a testimony of saving faith; a commitment to holiness; a growing knowledge of God; a consistent walk the Lord; and boldness to bring the gospel to the lost.
· A call to ministry consistent with the Scriptural qualifications of I Timothy 3, Titus 1, and I Peter 5.
· Evidence of being a proven disciple-maker.
· A willingness to agree with the mission, vision and doctrinal and positional statements of Trinity Baptist Church.
· A heart for urban ministry and some exposure to cross cultural ministry.
· Appropriate educational (Masters of Divinity) and ministerial (i.e. Ordination) credentials, or a willingness to pursue them.
· Some previous pastoral ministry experience, including organizational management.
· Have a “kingdom” view (willing to partner with other churches) to accomplish the reaching and discipling of the city.
· A commitment to expository preaching and has ambitions to be a Lead or Senior Pastor.
Responsibilities: The Assistant Pastor will primarily be invested in the following kinds of ministry:
1. Preaching at least 20-24 Sundays a year.
2. Teaching classes at a variety of levels, from beginners in the faith to Servant Leaders and Small Group Leaders who need to grow in their skills.
3. Recruit and train Small Group Leaders. Oversee and develop the 1-1 discipling matches as well as the Small Group leaders.
4. Participate in both the evangelistic and Christian community development outreaches of the church.
5. Provide pastoral care, including counseling, when necessary.
6. Officiate weddings and funerals in a shared way with the Senior Pastor.
7. Work with TBC Servant Leaders and members to identify ministry gaps and help to launch new ministries to fill those gaps.
8. Any other responsibility delegated by the Senior Pastor.
Other Information: TBC is an urban church with an average Sunday attendance of around 140 attendees. A description and demographic profile of the church, as well as guiding documents will be furnished upon request.
Point of Contact: Please send your resume to Ms. Althea Porter, President of Executive Council at Trinity Baptist Church, 1367 Main Street, Brockton, MA 02301 or email to email@example.com