The Moses-Schaffer Community Center is a place of outreach and practical community services offered to the community of Good Hope in the Perris area. The Program Assistant works closely with our Center’s Administrator and focuses primarily on coordinating and implementing programs and activities offered at the community centers.
Reports To: Community Center Administrator
Works with: Community Center and Outreach staff and volunteers
Works: Hourly, Part-time, Variable, 15-25 hours per week
Administrative - 40%
- Provide general administrative support to Community Center Administrator.
- Serve as point of contact for individuals and groups regarding programs, park services and upcoming events.
- Fill in for the Community Center Administrator as needed.
- Work with local feeding ministries on administrative details.
Programs and Events – 60%
- Provide hospitality to visitors at the center.
- Assist in all aspects of recreational activities, special events, and social activities at the community center.
- Implement arts and crafts groups, hobby groups, youth and senior citizens groups, and special interest groups.
- Coordinate games, sports and contests; ensure safe use of center by participants.
- Ensure a safe, organized and clean environment in the center grounds.
- Serve as a host for Community Center events.
This position requires bilingual fluency in Spanish and English.
Before submitting a resume and cover letter, please read The Grove’s Statement of Faith and Foundational Beliefs. All applicants confirm they have reviewed and are in full agreement with each part of the Statement of Faith. Submission of a resume and cover letter constitutes an affirmation of alignment with the Grove’s Statement of Faith.