The Preschool Lead Teacher, alongside The Groves other preschool staff, serves as a missionary to the kids and families of our community. The Lead Teacher brings spiritual leadership and development to the classroom environment, and works as part of a team to foster a climate of faith and growth through the schools activities. Preschool Lead Teachers are responsible for classroom preparation, teaching and supervision of children. This is an ideal opportunity for a person passionate about combining classroom excellence with spiritual development.
Reports to: Preschool Director
Works with: Preschool Teacher Aides, Preschool staff
Works: Full Time
Teaching and Classroom Management - 80%
- Give full attention to safety, physical and emotional well-being of the children.
- Set classroom objectives and create curriculum.
- Plan and arrange classroom activities through use of whole group instruction, independent learning centers and directed small groups.
- Daily classroom set up.
- Supervise playground activity.
Spiritual Leadership - 10%
- Cultivate intimacy with God and growth in Christ-like character through personal and corporate spiritual disciplines.
- Participate in daily preschool staff devotions and prayer.
- Model Biblical principles in interactions with parents and children. Communicate the gospel message as you have opportunity.
- Incorporate faith principles into curriculum and classroom environment.
Administrative - 10%
- Prepare monthly list of supplies needs.
- Participate in staff meetings.
Applicants must have 12 ECE units from an accredited State-approved school and at least 6 months experience in a satisfactory role.
Before submitting a resume and cover letter, please read The Grove’s Statement of Faith and Foundational Beliefs. All applicants confirm they have reviewed and are in full agreement with each part of the Statement of Faith. Submission of a resume and cover letter constitutes an affirmation of alignment with the Grove’s Statement of Faith.